Last Updated: May 2018
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains what personal data Catalyst DBC collects from you, through our interactions with you and through our products and services, and how we use that data.
Catalyst DBC offers a wide range of products and services, from toolkits to consultancy eLearning and training to assist with improved business performance and education. When you make a request for additional information, require a quote, or buy a product or service from Catalyst DBC, a contract is formed between you and Catalyst DBC.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- introduce products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website and learning management system.
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Please read the specific details in this privacy notice, which provide additional information about some of Catalyst DBC’s products. This statement applies to Catalyst DBC’s interactions with you and the services listed below.
1) What information do we collect about you?
2) Why do we need to collect and use your personal data?
3) Who might we share your information with
4) How can I access the information you hold about me?
5) Cookies & Similar Technologies
What information do we collect about you?
Catalyst DBC collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences when interacting with our services. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you add your details to Catalyst DBC’s website or provide us with the details we require to facilitate your purchase or administer the services Catalyst DBC provide. We do obtain some data from how you interact with our services online, for example, using technologies like cookies, We may also obtain some data from third parties.
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to facilitate your purchase we may not be able to provide the service you are looking to purchase.
The data we collect depends on the context of your purchase, the choices you make, including your privacy settings, and the products and features you use. The data we collect can include the following:
Name and contact details. We collect your first and last name, email address, business postal address, phone number and other similar contact details.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Device and Usage data. We collect data about your device to enable you navigate our website site effectively
Location data. Through our website we collect imprecise location data, for example, a location derived from your IP address or data that indicates where you are located with less precision, such as at a city or postcode level.
Telephone & Email. We also collect information you provide to us and the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for service or support. When you contact us, such as for enquiries, phone conversations or chat sessions with our employees may be monitored and recorded.
Why do we need to collect and use your personal data?
Catalyst DBC uses the data we collect to operate our business and provide you the products and services we offer, which includes using data to improve our products and personalise your experiences. We also may use the data to communicate with you, for example, informing you about your purchases and product information.
Providing and improving our products. We use data to provide and improve the products and services we offer and perform essential business operations, such as setting up access to our secure site, in the development of new products, conducting research and providing customer support. Examples of such uses include the following:
- Providing the Products. We use data to carry out your transactions with us and to provide our services to you. Often, those services include personalised features and recommendations that ensure the services discussed meet your requirements.
- Customer support. We use data to help address issues and provide other customer care and support services.
- Product Improvement. We use data to continually improve our products and website, including adding new features or capabilities.
- Security, Safety and Dispute Resolution. We use data to protect the security and safety of our products and our customers, to detect and prevent fraud, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- Business Operations. We use data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions and report on the performance of our business.
- Communications. We use data we collect to communicate with you and personalise our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by phone or email or other means
to inform you when a service is ending, discuss your purchases, remind you about our other services, update you or enquire about a new product or service, invite you to participate in a survey. Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Catalyst DBC by email, SMS, post and telephone. For information about managing your contact data, email subscriptions and promotional communications, please visit the Access and Controls section of this privacy statement.
Who might we share your information with
We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested. We may also share data with consultants working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to maintain the security of our products; and to protect the rights or property of Catalyst DBC.
We share personal data with affiliates. We also share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy, GDPR and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
Finally, we will access, transfer, disclose and preserve personal data, when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent fraud;
- operate and maintain the security of our products and services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems;
- protect the rights or property of Catalyst DBC.
How can I access the information you hold about me?
When making an enquiry or purchase from Catalyst DBC you will have chosen how and when we can contact you. You can review and change this at any time by advising us in the change in your preferences. Your records will then be updated.
If you wish to see the data we hold on you a subject access request can be made in writing at any time.
Your Communications Preferences
You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Catalyst DBC by email, SMS, postal mail and telephone. If you receive promotional email or SMS messages from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in those messages. You can also make choices about the receipt of promotional email, telephone calls and post by contacting Catalyst DBC directly where our records will be updated.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
You have a variety of tools to control cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, including browser controls to block and delete cookies and controls from some third-party analytics service providers to opt out of data collection through web beacons and similar technologies. Your browser and other choices may impact your experiences with our products.
- Storing your Preferences and Settings. Settings that enable our products and services to operate correctly or that maintain your preferences over time may be stored on your device.
- Storing Information You Provide to a Website. When you provide information or enquire through our website about a product or service, we store the data in a cookie to remember the products and information you have added.
- Social Media. Some of our websites include social media cookies, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our records, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This may limit the service we can provide to you.
Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
How you can complain
Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
Compliance with the law